The National Bee Unit has been involved in the management and control of bee pests and diseases for over 60 years, and we are a recognised centre of excellence in the provision of advice and research on bee health.
In this section you can read more about the work we have been doing to support bee health improvement, including:
- the sophisticated laboratory work that is carried out to support our Bee Health programme,
- the Healthy Bees Plan 2030 and how it aims to improve honey bee health and husbandry in England & Wales
- our work with Universities and Institutes from across the UK and overseas
- the range of scientific papers the NBU has contributed to; and
- how the NBU works with beekeepers to gather information on issues affecting apiary health.